News:

17/01 auguri Peppetdm900

Menu principale

Gilera Bi4 Nordwest 3d scanning/modelling

Aperto da Duranti, 13 Giugno 2018, 19:14:10

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

bigbore

I'm eager to see all engine assembled.... c'mon Trond go ahead!!!!! show us... you the new Gianbologna

As a stand I would suggest a clear acrylic tube of suitable diameter, then a top cover and a bottom of same material supported by a fork tube or.... why not a complete fork.
I suggest an acrylic tube becouse any other shape will have corners, joints not matter how perfectly made, disturbing a perfect view.

As per gilera 50 touring, I see (never noticed before) there where also a different version with the exhaust system running on the right side.... I knew there was only a lower exhaust system...
:boh:

[attachimg=1]
"Ecci alcuni che altro che transito di cibo e aumentatori di sterco chiamar si debbono, perché per loro alcuna virtù in opere si mette; perché di loro altro che pieni e destri non resta".

Duranti

bigbore, you are too kind, but I am just an enthusiast, the real sculpturing was done by the fantastic engineers and craftsmen/women at Gilera!  :beer:

And here is an update with some of the parts test-fitted, alignment of the parts is close to perfect, and everything fits nicely, I hope you guys enjoy!
I will be printing the missing black parts on this side of the engine tomorrow, I will post pictures as soon as I have more to show!  :smiley:

Soon I will also print the sidecovers in a finer resolution to show the text.  :moto

marco70

DAKOBG

shock shock :ok: :ok: :ok: :up: :up: :up: :jump:

When series production?
1-0
GUAI CHI PER IL FUTURO NON TIENE IL PASSATO PRESENTE!

milo

Matte

Ciao
Paolo
Perché sono qui? Gilera KZ 125

bigbore

look at those carbs...
look at that cambelt cover...
look at..... all!

Thou Master of 3D printing, we humble ourselves in front of such masterpiece.
We genuflect at the presence of such work
We all stand still, speechless at such show of expertise
Shaping plastic matter giving tribute to the spirit of gilera

shakespeare? who was he?  [CFASD]
"Ecci alcuni che altro che transito di cibo e aumentatori di sterco chiamar si debbono, perché per loro alcuna virtù in opere si mette; perché di loro altro che pieni e destri non resta".

vninja

Valter

RENATO

Duranti

Dear friends,
Thank you all so much for your kind words and positive response, I sincerely appreciate it!  :beer:  :ballo:

I am glad you are enjoying this huge (but small in size) project, many times I have asked myself if hundreds of hours of scanning, modelling and printing if worth the effort, but at the end of the day I always come back to my neverending enthusiasm for Gilera, which first startet when I saw the RC600 on television in the 1990 Paris Dakar, after that I became a fan for life, and now the engine is definitely my tribute to everything I love about Gilera!  :moto  :ita

bigbore; your mastery of poetry is a thing of beauty, and in my humble opinion, you could surely give Shakespeare a run for his money!   :clap:

Regarding series production; I will put together a small series, of perhaps 10, when time allows, and we'll see what happens, I can't say more than that for now.  :smiley:

Thank you again friends, I'll post some more pictures this evening, have a good day everyone!

siplitaro

Bravo and competent .. if you make me a Nordwest in miniature we walk around the house in winter   :up:
meglio 1 giorno su una Gilera che 100 sotto.....

anbagnol

anbagnol50

yumax

frankly speaking I appreciate a lot the job and the executor, you Duranti.
The perseverance and method show the animous you may have.
In case you decide to produce the small quantity of model let us know the cost,  if is definitely not so expensive like a Piuma super series may be you can have in my self a first purchaser.

Duranti

yumax,
I really appreciate your kind words regarding the project, and the work I have put into it, it's very inspiring to hear, thank you! :beer:
And I am glad you are enjoying this project!

Got some more parts printed yesterday (finished after bedtime); drainplug, temperature sensor cover, gear lever shaft seal, and oil filler cap, the parts are very small but important, and they came out with good detail.

I'll be trying to print out the gear lever today, hopefully it will turn out well, crossing fingers!  :smiley:

Also I've been investigating bigbore's proposal to use an acrylic tube for the stand, and I believe that an acrylic tube, with led lights in the base, will make for a fantastic stand!
I will design it and put it together as soon my finances allow.  :moto

yumax