News:

Chiediamo scusa ai visitatori che vogliano registrarsi, ma il continuo lavoro degli spammers ha fatto si che la registrazione debba essere convalidata dall'amministratore.

Menu principale

A special encounter of the Nordwest kind - Offshore Grand Prix

Aperto da Duranti, 18 Luglio 2018, 15:44:23

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Duranti

I was going through my old photo albums, and I found some treasures!

In 1997 I attended the Norwegian Offshore Grand Prix held on the south coast of Norway in a city called Arendal.
The race included all the best Formula One offshore boats and pilots from around the world. I had my camera (as always on events), and I captured some nice photos, including photos of a Gilera Nordwest, which was owned by the Jolly Motor team!
This beauty was relaxing behind the team tent, I wasn't allowed to been there, it was reserved for team only, but I grabbed my chance and took a few pictures!  :smiley:

Of course the Jolly Motor team won the race, which was a magnificent race, with incredible sights and sounds!  [first]
The sound of 8200ccm Lamborghini V12s screaming along the coast is something I will forever remember, the pier was shaking as they passed by!   :ita

siplitaro

meglio 1 giorno su una Gilera che 100 sotto.....

Duranti

I wish I could convey the sound of the big V12s somehow, it was truly special, also when they changed gears when coming through the bay of Arendal, very memorable!

Regarding the Nordwest; I believe the bike was transported along for all the races for that season of racing (maybe more seasons as well), so this Nordwest has been around much of the world!  :smiley:
It's also interesting to note that a wealthy team like Jolly Motor chose to bring along a Gilera in 1997 instead of a brand new Italian bike (of another make); there must have been a Gilera fan on the team!  :moto

Apelle

Surely a devout fan, as the Nordy in the pics sports Italian number plate!

Which means it had been either purchased 2nd hand from Italy or it was there along his italian owner, icnidentally part of the Jolly Motor team and even more amazingly a Gilera fan!

Great pics as always, thanks for sharing!
"dicono che quelli con gli occhi azzurri hanno la testa piena d'acqua... pensa quelli con gli occhi marroni"

Duranti

Matte

I like offshores, they are really amazing. Thanks for the pictures, also for the total white nordy :ballo:
Ciao
Paolo
Perché sono qui? Gilera KZ 125

Duranti

My pleasure Matte, always nice to share memories with fellow enthusiasts!  :smiley: