News:

23/10/2011 salutiamo un grande amico, che rimarrà sempre con noi! Ciao Marco... 58 forever.

Menu principale

Masoni Gilera 500cc 1993 Enduro

Aperto da Duranti, 30 Maggio 2018, 12:10:41

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Duranti

Hi,

I found a 'for sale' ad in an old Classic Bike magazine from 1993, perhaps it could be of interest to someone out there  :smiley:

pegaso_grigio

A volte la "macchina" del tempo.... è soltanto una moto

La cura per ogni cosa è l'acqua salata!  Il sudore, le lacrime o il mare.

A piedi cammino, con l' auto viaggio, con la moto sogno.

liba

a mio avviso è solo un dakota 500, finito in cattive mani..
I think it's a transformation from the 500 dakota. in my opinion ended up in bad hands regarding the transformation in the cross
volentieri vi racconto le mie esperienze, ma non sono mai oro colato. Per cui se volete, ascoltate provate e copiate, ma se poi non va bene.. non voglio nè responsabilità nè giudizi gratuiti. a vostro rischio e pericolo. Vi avevo avvisato

Apelle

Yes, quite sloppy a "special"...

Definitely not a prototype.
"dicono che quelli con gli occhi azzurri hanno la testa piena d'acqua... pensa quelli con gli occhi marroni"

Duranti

I have to agree, it's not the best "special", but Tullio Masoni is a well known designer/ engine builder, I would assume that the engine contains the real magic?  :smiley:

Apelle

It may be, but from what the picture allows to see, it still has the Dell'Orto carburator (therefore not very much chance of important engine elaboration), it still has the electric starter motor (therefore not much care to weight reduction), I wonder what could he have done with the engine to make it different.

Nice fuel tank, though.
And the saddle... for a moment it seemed to me like the Arcore 125/150 one, somehow bent to that shape.
Which would be a real threat. But I'm afraid is not like that.
"dicono che quelli con gli occhi azzurri hanno la testa piena d'acqua... pensa quelli con gli occhi marroni"

Duranti

I am not sure Apelle, I also find it strange that he advertised it in Classic Bike magazine at the time, perhaps is was a failed attempt at making a 70's style enduro out of the Dakota?  :smiley:

Gatto Silvestro53

Che piaccia o meno, Masoni sapeva fare di più che mettere un serbatoio e una sella diversi su una moto di serie ...
Masoni could do more than change tank and seat to a series bike ... whether we like it or not.
Maurizio
Un 50ino non diventa perfetto quando non hai altro da aggiungere, ma solo quando non hai più niente da togliere ...
(Libero adattamento da Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Duranti

Exactly Gatto, the Masoni Supermono was a top contender in the Supermono series, and the engineering was on the highest level!

Apelle

Nobody denies that, it's only that that Dakota doesn't seem to carry any of Masoni's tweaks.

Gatto Silvestro53

Yes, it looks like simply a joke.
Maurizio

P.S.: Ducati Scrambler seat and a very very similar fuel tank ...
M.
Un 50ino non diventa perfetto quando non hai altro da aggiungere, ma solo quando non hai più niente da togliere ...
(Libero adattamento da Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Duranti

Hmmm, I agree, likely to be a customer trade-in perhaps, well, either way, for good or for bad, it stirs up a discussion  :smiley: